3.28. Export Charts for use in publications and presentations
Can I export charts from the Volocity software for presentation and publication purposes?
Yes you can, but first you must capture a snapshot of the chart, this will create a 2D image which will then be stored in the Volocity library, the snapshot of the chart can subsequently be exported in any of the available file formats. Be aware that you will not be able to make any changes to the Graphical representation of the chart once a snapshot has been captured.
In this example we have used a time series image sequence and have constructed a Measurement protocol to identify our objects of interest, we then created a Measurement Item, the Measurement Item was subsequently stored in the Volocity library.
1. Open the Measurement Item in the Library view or if you prefer open the Measurement Item in its own window by double clicking.
2. Click on the Analysis tab, remember that the chart view is a graphical representation of the analysis table so if no further analysis has been performed a chart will not be generated. The exception to this rule is if you wish to generate track charts, these are examples of special case charts where the information required to generate them is extracted directly from the raw data in the Raw View.
3. Set up an analysis table in the Analysis dialog. In this example we have chosen to analyse the total Volume (Sum of Volume) for all objects identified in each timepoint.
4. Click on the Chart tab, this will show the chart.
To configure chart style and appearance go to the Chart menu and select Edit Chart... or click on the chart button
You will find this at the top right of the window. This will open the Edit Chart dialog as shown below.
The chart will show only data that is not filtered out. To edit the filter from the Chart View go to the Chart menu and select Filter or click the filter button.
You will find this at the top right of the window. This will open the Edit Filter dialog as shown below.
For further information relating to chart styles and how to work with your charts please consult the Volocity User Guide and refer to pages 493-497.
To export this chart for publication or presentation purposes you must now capture a snapshot
- Go to the Chart menu and select Capture Snapshot..
- Choose the resolution for the snapshot using the Capture Snapshot dialog
3. Highlight the snapshot in the Volocity library
4. Go to the File menu and select Export...
5. Using the Export File dialog select the path to save the file, enter a name and also select a suitable format from the Save as file type: popup menu
6. Click the Export button to export the chart
The chart can now be easily imported into other applications for presentation purposes.